Preschool choices often bring out anxiety in parents. As the child takes the first step into a new world, it is essential that this transition is a joyful ride for both parent and child. Preschool is the child’s first social setting away from home; hence, it should offer a safe, warm and comfortable environment for them to thrive.
Choosing the right Preschool in Pune which is responsive to the child’s interests, strengths and needs are important for a supportive educational experience. Here are some tips to look out for in a preschool to ensure it meets your child’s holistic needs:
- Classroom atmosphere: A safe and childproof classroom that is conductive to learning, and that offers a variety of age-appropriated engaging activities will stimulate the child’s curiosity, fine motor skills and provide the required structure for developmental progress.
- Professionally trained teachers and staff: Supportive relationships is fundamental to a child’s socio-emotional development. Positive interactive environment helps children feel secure at school and enables them to persist through challenging learning activities.
- Curriculum: Paying attention to the curriculum will help the parent understand the pedagogy and learning methodologies adopted by the preschool. Reviewing the curriculum to ensure that it offers rich content, hands-on and play-based approach to learning will prepare children for future academic journey.
- Language stimulation: Language and literacy activities that promote imagination, vocabulary and listening skills through book reading, storytelling and expanded conversations will stimulate children’s thought processes to describe their feelings and action, thus, creating a positive environment for language acquisition
- Physical development: A child needs a healthy outlet to successfully channelize their energy. Preschools that provide ample space, time and activities, while ensuring safety, will help them gain new skills, abilities and healthy physical growth
- Child-friendly facilities: The premises of the preschool will leave a profound impression upon the young mind of a preschooler. Hence, it should be welcoming and the child should look forward to spending time in school. Safe and engaging outdoor facilities like sandpit, Lego wall, gardens, climbing net, etc. will provide the child opportunities for outdoor play while improving health and brain function.
Remember, each child is unique. As an aware parent, making an informed choice by finding a preschool that resonates with you and the individual requirement of the child is important. Considering these points can help understand if the preschool prioritizes the child’s health as highly as the parent does.